Friday, October 25, 2013

Indian Lake State Forest. Just a quick walk in the woods

My wife needed a ride to work and I am off today.  Meaning I was out and about very early.
So I stopped in at nearby Indian lake State Forest to catch the sunrise with with just a quick walk in the woods.   



As always I was calling on the Universe to bring me the light


but I was out looking for fall color too


 this location that I know well features a turkey oak/wiregrass ecosystem that speaks to me of home.


 We used to camp in these same surroundings in Boy Scouts in the 60's


I found the skeleton of a huge Florida rosemary about 7 ft tall.
I wonder why they die off sometimes.  
A baby gopher tortoise burrowed at the base


 This is a great little part of the forest.  I have come back many times because it is close to my house
I'll come back and try to catch the early sun when the leaves turn red.

I hope you enjoyed












No comments:

Post a Comment